It was said to have been named after Aegeus, the father of Theseus, who drowned himself in the sea when he thought his son had died.
The Venetians, who ruled many Greek islands in the High and Late Middle Ages, popularized the name Archipelago (Greek for “main sea” or “chief sea”), a name that held on in many European countries until the early modern period.
Day 1: Santorini (Arrival)
- Arrival in santorini and meeting with the tour director. Hotel check in.
- Afternoon Welcome Drink at the hotel
- Welcome Dinner over the beautiful Santorini Sunset
Day 2: Santorini (Volcano, Thira)
- Breakfast at the Hotel and transfer to the Port for the Volcano Caldera Cruise
- Let’s Paint Santorini From The Side Of The Sea – See The Volcano Which Is Still Active And Walk On The Volcano Where You Can Exercise You Painting Skills
- Free Afternoon To Enjoy The City Of Thira
- Cooking Class
- Dinner In Thira In A Typical Local Taverna
Day 3 : Santorini (Akrotiri)
- Breakfast At The Hotel And Morning Tour Of The Island With A Visit To Acrotiri Excavations
- Stop At The Edge Of The Volcano Caldera To Paint While Overlooking The Immense Blue Of The Aegean Sea And The Black Soil Of The Volcanic Island Of Nea Kammeni
- Dinner At A Restaurant
Day 4 : Santorini (Kastro)
- Breakfast At The Hotel And Transfer To Paint At The Village Kastro, Medieval Village At The Top Of A Hill Which Looks Like A Castle.
- Wine Tasting
- Back To The Hotel And Dinner At A Restaurant
Day 5: Santorini (Oia)
- Breakfast At The Hotel And Free Morning To Stroll Around.
- Afternoon Transfer To Oia Village To Paint The Beautiful And Unique Sunset Of Santorini, Admiring In The Back The Sea And The Black Volcanic Rocks
- Dinner At A Restaurant In Oia
Day 6: Santorini (Red Beach)
- Breakfast At The Hotel And Transfer To The Red Beach. The Deep Red Color Of The Send, The White Wawes And The Blue Sea Is Waiting For You.
- Farewell Dinner In The City Before Going Back To The Hotel
Day 7: Santorini (Departure)
- Breakfast At The Hotel And Transfer To The Airport for the departure